Tuesday, August 25, 2026

August Long Weekend in the Country

One thing I look forward to every summer for the last 13 years is the August long-weekend trip I take with my friend to Margaree. 

We left on a Friday and, although the weather forecast didn't look all that promising, we made the best of our time there and the best of the moments when the sun was shining!  

During the rainy times, we went for drives along the coast, grabbed a bite to eat in the local cafe and browsed the thrift stores.  When the sun was shining, we went to Inverness Beach.  While I swam to my hearts content in the warm, clear water, my friend hunted for beach glass.  I also walked the entire length of the boardwalk from the main road all the way to end below the golf course. When we left Inverness, we stopped at Chimney Corner along the way and went for a swim and a walk along the beach there, too.  


One evening was nice enough to have a fire on nearby Belle Cote beach.  I'd never been to this beach before so it was one more place on Cape Breton that I got to discover. And to make that night even more magical, there was a beautiful full moon!

One of the best things about that weekend every year is sleeping in a place that is so quiet and dark at night.  The old country house we stayed in must be over 100 years old and it felt like a step back in time to when things were simpler.  The worse part about that weekend every year? Going home!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...