I was late going around the Cabot Trail this year but, like they say, better late than never! It's been hard planning anything this summer because of work commitments and a forecast with more rain than usual. One weekend in late August predicted sun and warm temperatures so I planned a day trip.
I left early so I could stop in Jersey Cove and have a visit with my friend who has her trailer there during the summers. I didn't plan on staying there long but the sparkling waters of the nearby beach called my name and soon after arriving, I had already changed into my swimsuit and was enjoying a refreshing dip in the Atlantic Ocean under a clear blue sky.
I never swam at that beach before so it was nice to discover a new place to take a dip. I knew the beach was there but always overlooked it because it was rocky. And while yes, it is rocky, you only have to walk a few feet before reaching a soft, sandy bottom. The water was so warm and clear, I could have stayed there all day, but I had to get going if I was going to make it around the trail before dark.I left Jersey Cove in the early afternoon and headed for Ingonish where I got a coffee and something sweet at a little cafe and enjoyed it while I walked along North Bay Beach.I didn't make too many stops on the way to Cheticamp. I just enjoyed the drive and the spectacular scenery that I never get sick of. In Cheticamp, I stopped for something to eat and grabbed a coffee to enjoy while I sat by the ocean on Cheticamp Island. I headed home not long after as it was getting dark. I used to not mind driving at all hours of the night but, as I get older, I don't like taking a chance driving on those dark, lonely country roads after dark. Or maybe it's just that the world doesn't seem as safe as it was when I first started driving 30 years ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment