Sunday, July 26, 2020

The Lone Shieling - One of my Favourite Stops on the Cabot Trail

I've hiked most of the trails in the Cape Breton Highlands National Park and I love them all but there is one trail that I never miss whenever I drive through the park and that is The Lone Shieling.
This trail is not very long but it's beautiful with tall trees, a stream and plenty of opportunities to spot wildlife.  Unless you arrive at the same time as a tour bus, this trail is quiet and rarely crowded.  I love to sit by the stream under those tall trees and listen to the water and nature sounds all around.  Next week, as part of my Cape Breton Staycation, I will be heading around the Cabot Trail and through the national park and this will, no doubt, be one of my main stops.  If you ever make it to the island, this trail is not hard to find; it's right on the main road, it's well-marked and you won't miss the replica of a Scottish crofter's hut right on the side of the road!
Replica of a Scottish crofter's hut.
The trail is well-maintained.
These tall trees make the area look like an enchanted forest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...