Monday, August 24, 2026

Fireworks, Beach Days, Kayaking and a Day Trip

It was a weird summer.  The weather had a lot to do with it.  Rain was forecast more often than not so it was hard to plan camping outings out of town like I usually do.  That being said, I made the most of it closer to home.  

I have a beautiful, sandy beach only a ten-minute drive away from my house so I spent a lot of time there walking, beachcombing and swimming in water that seems to be much warmer than usual.  

 I don't usually go out of my way for fireworks but when I saw that the fireworks for Glace Bay's Harbourfest would be held in a location visible from Big Glace Bay Beach, I thought that would be a nice outing with a friend I don't get to see as often I'd like.  I didn't know what kind of view we'd have all the way out there but turns out, we had the best seat in the house.  We found a nice spot in the sand and enjoyed the display over the water.  We also had the added bonus of seeing all the boats that were a part of the Parade of Sail that happened right before the fireworks parked just offshore.  

The last few summers, I enjoyed going to Mira Provincial Park to do some paddleboarding through CBRM recreation but this year all the spots were booked up.  Luckily, I was able to do some kayaking with a friend who had an extra kayak.  Not the same thing but just as fun! 

I did manage to get one day trip in to Inverness in early summer.  It was a perfect day, too!  The wind, temperature and surf were just right to enjoy a swim at one of my favourite places in the whole world.  The only thing missing was an Inverness sunset.  I usually stay until the sun goes down but not that day.  

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...