For a while there, it looked like we wouldn't get summer at all here in Cape Breton. June was cold and wet and July started out the same way. The weather had me fearful that my yearly vacation would be rained out but, as I write this, I am in the middle of my vacation and so far I've been at the beach every day...except today because it's raining. Tomorrow looks like rain too but Friday and Saturday look like great days to plan a camping trip or at least a day trip to the Highlands or west coast of the island.
Summer is really just started and so far, I visited the Fortress of Louisbourg, swam in the ocean a number of times, walked the beach almost every evening, rode my bike to the lighthouse almost every morning when I'm not working, watched several fireworks displays and attended a car show with my little nephew. There's still a week left in July and August and September are yet to come! Baddeck Festiville, camping in Ingonish, Inverness Beach days and two long weekends in Margaree are planned and who knows what other adventures I'll find myself on. All I know if I plan to enjoy every minute!
No comments:
Post a Comment