Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I Can Proudly Say That I am Now a MatadorU Graduate

Well, I finally did it. I completed the MatadorU Travel Journalism program in Travel Writing. I have to say, I feel mighty proud of myself considering when I signed up for it quite a while back, it looked like I would never get through it. With a full time job and other obligations always getting in the way, I didn’t really get much done with the course until recently when I found myself unemployed and with a lot of free time on my hands. Yes, it took me a while to complete but its done now and I am quite pleased with how the whole thing went.

When I first signed up for the course, I was a little skeptical. I had read all the good reviews about it and knew that many travel writers recommended taking the course but I really wondered how much I could possible learn that I didn’t already know from years of reading up about the travel industry and travel writing. By the time I reached the second chapter in the course, I realized that there was a lot I didn’t know…and needed to know. And now, I feel so much more knowledgeable about the business of travel writing and more confident about my writing and in promoting it.
For the small enrollment fee of $350.00, students get access to the whole curriculum, assignment feedback from editors and lifetime access to the entire program. Each chapter ends with an assignment that allows you to incorporate all that you learned. Curriculum chapters include
1) Researching and preparing for an assignment
2) Adding multimedia to your storytelling skills
3) How to monetize your website
4) Guidebook writing and press trips
5) Narration

Once you sign up for the course, you can take as long as you want to complete it and once you’ve completed it, you will receive a printable certificate and the option to post a banner stating that you are a MatadorU graduate to your blog or website. You will also have access to some bonus materiasl such as a list of paying travel writing markets and some informative videos.

MatadorU also offers courses in Travel Photography and Travel Filmmaking and you get a discount if you sign up for two or more at a time. I wish I had of done that when I signed up but I wasn’t interested in taking any of the other ones. Now I am and I think I will soon be signing up for the Travel Photography course!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...