Friday, September 21, 2012

It's Official...I'm Off to Costa Rica this Spring!

The last time I blogged about a trip to Costa Rica that I won, I wasn't sure if I would be able to go. With the moving, work and so many other things going on and the fact that the rules stated I would have to take the trip this November, it didn't look possible. Since then, I have been in touch with the people who held the contest and some very helpful and accommodating people at Anamaya Resort in Montezuma and was able to work something out with them that would allow me to go at a later date. Although I would rather go sooner than later, I am booked to attend a yoga and adventure retreat at the resort this coming April. The only problem I have now with this trip is the fact that I have to wait until April to go!

Costa Rica Flag


 It's still almost surreal to me that I am even going. Costa Rica has always been at the top of my must-see list but I didn't have any plans to go anytime soon. Maybe once I have my flights to Costa Rica booked (I'm just waiting for the prices to go down again so I can snag a good deal), the reality will sink in but I can't imagine me being more excited to be going than I already am. I've already been doing a lot of research about the country, the town I will be staying in and the beautiful resort I will be staying at while I am there and I am quite impressed to say the least. Costa Rica is said to have one of the most beautiful and pristine, natural environments in the world and Montezuma, which is located in Puntarenas Province, was once a remote fishing village that has transformed into a popular Eco-tourism and yoga retreat destination. Waterfalls, beautiful sandy beaches and stunning coastline will make for some great pictures and nearby souvenir shops, nightclubs and restaurants serving up local fare will make for exciting off-resort excursions. I'll spend one night in San Jose Costa Rica and as an added bonus, upon arrival in Montezuma, I will lay eyes on the Pacific Ocean for the first time. To date, I traveled to many places that were close to the Pacific, such as the interiors of California and British Columbia, but I never made it to the coast.

Anamaya Resort, the place I will be calling home for the duration of my week in Montezuma, is also quite impressive. It is my understanding that a number of activities and excursions are included in my package including daily yoga classes, town and beach excursions, infrared sauna treatments, a waterfall hike, Butterfly Garden tour and, what will probably end up being my personal favorite, a Zipline Canopy Tour. I don't think surfing lessons are included but I know the region is known for its surf culture so I will be making it a point to seek out some lessons! The luxurious and relaxing accommodations, the gourmet organic food and the infinity pool are all added bonuses and, so I have heard, there is a lot of wildlife around the area. It should be interesting to look out my window and see monkeys, toucans and parrots frolicking about!











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...