Saturday, June 16, 2012

To Go or Not to Go, That is the Question......


Some of my reader's may have noticed that, a few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post about a little hostel in Lisbon, Portugal. At that time, Shiado Hostel was hosting a blogging contest in which bloggers were invited to write about Portugal, the city of Lisbon and the hostel itself and, in exchange, the best post would win a stay at Shiado. I really enjoyed writing that blog post because I'm interested in visiting Portugal in the near future and I learned a lot about it and its capital city through the research I did.

So, I did place second in that contest and I am the winner of a short stay at Shiado hostel. Now, in an ideal world where everything is running smoothly, this would work out perfectly. I want to go Europe in the near future, I want to save money on accommodations while I am there (and this would surely save a couple of hundred bucks while in Portugal at least, seeing as it is one of the places I want to visit in Europe) and this is a great motivator to get myself into planning mode for that trip that I have been postponing for so long.

So what could possibly be the problem with this picture?
Problem #1: I need to know if I want to accept this prize by the end of this month. Problem #2: The trip has to be taken before the New Year.
Problem #3: I did a search for airfare from Halifax to Lisbon and surrounding areas and, well let's just say its a bit steep for my budget at this time.

So overall, the problem is time and money. I need more time to decide and figure out if I will be able to afford such a trip within the next six months and I need enough money for airfare to get there. It is possible that I could come up with that money by than and chances are, there will be a seat sale on flights to Lisbon as it gets closer to departure but am I willing to take that risk? I don't want to go ahead and book that room with Shiado if I am not 100% sure I will be going but at the same time, I don't want to pass up an opportunity of having a place to stay in the city of Lisbon if I am able to afford taking that trip to Europe this Fall. Hmmmm.....such tough decisions! I guess all I can do is hope a little light bulb comes on in my head in the next few days that might give me some insight into how I can make that trip happen and if not, I'll just have to pass that hostel voucher onto another blogger.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...