Monday, June 18, 2012

Another Great Read!


I love to read anything that comes my way but, typically, I love to read anything about adventure, culture and travel. Lately, I have been reading a mixed bag of books covering all types of topics but I got my hands on a really good travel read. I have never had a favorite author when it comes to these types of books but after reading several of Bill Bryson's books, I have to say, he has me wanting to read more of his stuff. "In a Sunburned Country" is the most recent of his books that I've read and I must say, it is a good read. It is about a trip he took to Australia and, although it is suitable for anyone planning to travel to the country, even someone who has no plans on traveling to Australia would thoroughly enjoy this book.

With a touch of humor and sarcasm in the style that the author is so well-known for mixed with personal experiences and interesting facts about the land Down Under, this book really takes the reader into the heart of this country that so little is really known about to anyone living in the Western Hemisphere.

So if you are looking for a good book to bring to the beach or to the cottage this summer or if you are planning a trip to Australia at any point, "In a Sunburned Country" is a great choice!

2 comments:

David - GeoPosted said...

I love his books, only his last one about homes kinda fell a bit flat for me. I have this routine where every trip my wife an I take, I bring one of his books to read. They're perfect vacation-reading. Only problem is that I only have one or two left...

Carole said...

I was wondering whether you would be happy to put up a link in my monthly series called “Books You Love”. The idea is for people to link up posts about a book they loved. It could be an old fave. I am hoping we will end up with a nice collection of books that can go on our reading lists. Here is the link Books You Loved July Edition

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...