Monday, March 14, 2011

Book Review - Vagabonding

I have finished yet another book. I seem to be getting through my "to read" pile a little faster these days. I guess being unemployed and living in the middle of the woods with not much to do has some pluses. Well, one plus! My most current read was, like the others I have recently reviewed, a good one. Very enlightening and inspiring you might say. I have always had this urge since I was a teenager to just pack a backpack with some bare essentials and hit the road with no destination in mind. My goal was to see as much of the world as possible, meet as many people as possible and experience as many new cultures as possible. At thirty, I still sometimes get that urge. I have traveled to may places but not as many as I would like. I have traveled all over Canada and the United States but have never stepped foot on another continent besides North America. After reading "Vagabonding - An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel", the urge to travel and get out there in the big world has been reawakened. This book is yet another good travel read by well-known travel writer Rolf Potts. Filled with resources to aid you in your planning and reduce any of your fears of life on the road, great quotes from famous vagabonds of our time and great advice including how to go about following your dream of taking such a trip and reasons why you should start planning it today! This book is the perfect read for anyone planning long-term, independent travel but it can also be a great resource for any type of travel you may embark on!

Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my reading and travelling too. I wish I had more time to do both at the moment. Always a restless wandering soul seeking for meaning.

Great site

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...