Monday, November 23, 2009

To go or not to go?

It’s been over two months since I came back from my most recent trip and I am already itching to get back on the road and go another trip. Somewhere. Anywhere! I love everything about going on a trip. I love packing. I love getting there and everywhere in between. I love sitting in airports and people-watching while I am waiting for my flight. I love living out of my suitcase. Since I went on like 6 or 7 trips in the last year, I am pretty broke now. Beyond broke in fact. I have four credit cards almost racked up, nothing in my savings account and a slow period at my job where I am not getting many hours. It looks like I won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Unless of course I win a trip in one of the dozens of contests I enter or I win the lottery. I do have some AirMiles that have accumulated over the years. Last I checked, I had enough to go almost anywhere in North America in the off-season. I would have to pay for my own accommodations of course but there may be a way around that if my sister, the Fairmont Hotel employee, can get me a discount. Then there is the issue of food but I could just pack a suitcase full of granola bars and trail mix and that solves that problem! The biggest dilemma in using the AirMiles is deciding where to go. It took 15 years to save up those miles and I don’t want to waste them on a hastily planned trip to just anywhere. Should I return to Las Vegas since I loved it there so much? Should I try to go somewhere in North American where I have not been before like Los Angeles, San Francisco or Chicago? Should I return to Calgary to visit my sister and see the Rocky Mountains again? Or should I just forego the idea of going anywhere this winter and just save up my miles to go somewhere further like Paris, London, Egypt or even Australia? I have not decided yet and there is no hurry. In the meantime, I will have to adjust to the idea that the furthest I will be going all winter will be to the supermarket and back. I might as well get used to it and settle in for the long, cold Newfoundland winter ahead. In the meantime I will be torturing myself with thoughts of my next vacation and maybe I will reach that breaking point where the cabin fever takes over and I will use those AirMiles to take me somewhere warm and far, far away! Air Miles Reward Miles Website https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Home?_requestid=1099123 Travel contests https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Home?_requestid=1099123 http://contests.tribute.ca/sherlocklondontrip-090109/?referrer=tribute http://contests.tribute.ca/sherlocklondontrip-090109/?referrer=tribute http://contests.tribute.ca/wherethewildthingsarevacation-093009/?referrer=tribute

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand your passion for travelling ! I do to.

Good blog and photos!

Janete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...